18 May 2005

only the lonely

it's really not so bad up here. Sure spring came late and we expect summer to be even later but once you get used to it the weather is no more than a minor irritation. The hardest thing is the isolation. Don't get me wrong, I work around people all day everyday; lots of people. And then I see people at the gym. I share a room with another guy so I'm very rarely actually alone.

Loneliness sets in when I don't have anyone to connect with. It happens when there's no one really willing to listen within a 300 mile radius. I used to think there was something wrong with me whenever I felt lonely. Like I must have been doing something wrong when it came to making friends or meeting people. Now, I just suppose it's another phase that I'm going through, again.

I figure that Adam, by which I mean the first man in creation, was the only human being on earth for at least 100 years before Eve showed up on the scene. You have to figure that even after God decided it wasn't good for man to be alone, Adam still named all of the animals on the planet before he finally fell asleep so God could create woman. my guess is that naming all of the animals is a pretty long process even if we cut out sleeping and eating. So I guess in light of that I'm doing ok.

None of that means you should stop talking to me.

No comments: